Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Well Being and Peak Human Performance.
Work-Life balance is one of the most discussed subjects of 2014. Some say it is impossible, and some say it’s vital to the success of a business. Regardless, the first step to achieving it, is to understand what it is and how it helps.
What Is It Work-life balance is basically the positive relationship between work and other equally important activities in life which include family leisure, etc. The relationship can’t be clearly defined and varies from person to person according to their life demands. It’s important to notice the word, “relationship,” meaning that this is not a contest or a scale we must balance.
It’s an interaction of ideas that satisfie the needs in your individual life. Work and Life are not separate spheres. They are integrated moments in life that happen throughout the day. Also, the concept of work-life balance is not just associated with women or busy executives. It’s a process applicable to everyone to increase the level of employee workplace productivity and motivation.
Benefits to Employees and Employers When you increase a person’s satisfaction level, they will benefit mentally and physically, which will, in turn, cause the culture of your business of to improve. Some examples include:
- The individual is better responsive and can easily work in their paid work as well applying themselves fully to other aspects of their life like family commitments.
- The self-esteem increases as well a health and other related aspects of one’s character like loyalty
- The employee gets full control of their working life and can adapt better to any changes
- The balance makes everyone at home happy and everyone at work happy
- Employee-Employer relations will most likely improve
- Turnover rates decrease while productivity increases
- Employees are more likely to take a job that offers less money if there work-life balance is increased
- Less sick days
Work-life balance can increase the productivity in the workplace and improve the work environment in general. To bring this change to your business, contact Andy Core for more information. To learn more on Andy’s programs