Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing and Peak Human Performance.
Your behavior in the workplace needs to follow certain rules in order for you not to draw negative attention and bring down the productivity in the workplace. There is a set of office etiquette that an employee needs to follow in order to work according to what is morally and socially accepted. Here are some office etiquette you should take note of:
- Be discreet in dating anyone. Infatuation may never be controlled, especially that you spend 40 hours a week together. Nevertheless, you must never let your co-employees know how much you love each other. Not that you are not proud of the relationship, but because it may cause conflict at work, thus, affecting the productivity in the workplace.
- Dress conservatively. Your workplace is not a stage. Make sure you dress according to what your job is. Be as professional looking as much as possible.
- Leave your personal problems at home. Do not let it affect you in the workplace.
- Avoid gossip. Meddling in other people’s lives should never be one of your hobbies.
- Be on time. Tardiness is not a good trait of a reliable employee.
These five tips should be observed by each employee to ensure that productivity in the workplace will increase.
For more information on Andy’s programs
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014