Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing and Peak Human Performance.
Not everyone will appreciate your skills, no matter how hard you try to uplift your productivity in the workplace. Some may even give you negative comments that might make you think, “Am I really not good enough?” You might question your skills and capabilities, and feel low about yourself. However, you have to understand that you can survive bad performance reviews. Here are some tips in order for you to have a clear mind in spite of the pain and disappointment from the negative comments:
- Breathe. Maintain your composure. Do not cry or walk out of the place just because you cannot take the negative feedback. Be tough, even when you are at your lowest.
- Welcome Improvement. You should understand that you should not walk out of that door without seeking proper guidance. Ask for advice on how you can improve your work by understanding how they want things to be delivered.
- You need to understand the emotion behind the negative feedback. Figure it out. Is your boss angry? Sympathetic? Sarcastic?
- Learn to say “Thank You” no matter how painful the situation is. Always take these negative comments as guidelines on how you will be able to revamp yourself into something better. Be thankful for their honesty about how they see your work as it pushes you to becoming someone better and productive.
Negative feedback should guide you on how you will uplift your productivity in the workplace. It should not pull you down.
Learn more about Andy Core’s programs. Contact us today.
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014