Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Personal Wellbeing and Peak Human Performance
Are you tired of always saying to yourself about something ‘I’ll start tomorrow’ but then you never do? Do you lack motivation? The thing is, you may be too hard on yourself, there is a saying, ‘’Starting is the hardest part’’.
You can’t expect to make a major change in one day, whether it is a lifestyle change or starting a simple program for getting back in shape.
If you are too hard on the brain will try and stop you from accomplishing your goal. The key to make a change in your life is to take things step-by-step.
So what are you waiting for? Set yourself a goal and don’t let anything or anyone stop you from achieving your goal, realistically. Here are the three steps I would advise you to take:
1) Stop comparing yourself to other people; you are your own unique person. If you keep comparing yourself to other people you will get demotivated.
2) Start with the little things, don’t try and do it all in one day, because when you realize you can’t do it all at once you will be discouraged and you will be tempted to give up.
3) Last but not the least, never give up. It doesn’t matter how difficult it is, you have to keep pursuing your goal. No matter how hard it gets, it will be worth it.
After you achieve your goal you will look back and realize that all you had to do was break it down into small, achievable steps, set up a routine and be consistent.
To learn more on Andy’s programs see:
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014