Working as a manager, you know that there is much more to your job than simply telling people what to do. Productivity in the workplace depends in large part on keeping employees motivated to do their job.A key factor in productivity in the workplace is the engagement level between supervisor and employee.
For employees who are more engaged with their supervisors, 62% believe the supervisor sets a good example in the workplace. In addition, employees that are disengaged are 2.5 times more inclined to change jobs for as little as a 5% increase in pay.
Five tips to keep employees engaged:
- Give praise when it is deserved to increase motivation. Let the employee know that their contributions to the company are important.
- Ask for help. Use their brainpower to come up with new ideas. Ask for feedback. Keep them engaged in the process. Studies show that the more involved an employee is with creating new processes in the workplace, the more invested and passionate they’ll become.
- When you give out an assignment, make sure that your expectations are clear. Have the employee reiterate what it is that you want done. Don’t expect them to read your mind.
- Be honest. If you lead with transparency, your team will want to do the same. You should be afraid to admit when you make a mistake and neither should they.
- Don’t internalize problems with employees and fail to handle the issues quickly. Bottling up problems will cause you to do something rash.
Providing motivation is a good way to keep your employees engaged and invested in the success of the company. Productivity in the workplace can be increased when people are encouraged and inspired to make changes. Check in regularly with your employees and listen to them. Help them to help you.
Andy’s program can help you increase productivity in workplace. To learn how,