Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Well Being and Peak Human Performance
A motivational keynote speaker reminds us that motivation has always been a serious issue to consider in the workplace. Due to the current economic climate, this is more true than ever and it is imperative that organizations ensure that their staff motivation is kept at a maximum.
A motivational keynote speaker stresses that the key to this is to stay positive and take these five simple steps to ensure that your workforce is as motivated as possible.
- Be open. By having open policies, it allows your employees to find out changes from the very top and will keep everyone in the loop. This will make staff feel valued and involved, boosting motivation.
- Reward performance. Rewards and incentives are an effective way to recognize good work. This could be in the form of monetary incentives, but also in the form of career development opportunities. Staff will appreciate having more control over their own work.
- Make work enjoyable. A happy worker will always be more motivated than an unhappy one. Encourage socializing amongst employees, both outside of work and during lunch breaks. Also ensure that you have a well-known and effective policy on harassment and bullying, giving your employees a sense of security.
- Speak and listen to your employees. Allowing your employees to get involved and listening to what they have to say benefits all parties: employees are less stressed and you have a more efficient workforce.
- Don’t let the financial climate ruin the benefits you offer. A motivational keynote speaker states that in the short term this may cut costs, but the adverse effects it could have on staff morale could cost more in performance than they save in money.
For more information about Andy’s work-life balance programs