Have you ever wondered how some people have such a great social life? How they go to exciting places and meet new people almost every day? You may want to do the same but you don’t know how, and you’re scared to even try. Here are a few tips that you could use in your real life situations.
1) Stand up straight and smile! Avoid looking unapproachable.
2) Practice conversations with yourself in a mirror, talk more with people that you know, or simply think of things to say in advance of any social opportunity. By doing this you can avoid putting yourself in embarrassing situations where you just don’t know what to say.
Start talking to more people in general everywhere you go. Meeting more people means you will have more opportunities for social interaction overall. You will gain more confidence in yourself and people will have a different impression of you. However, do be careful not to overdo it because projecting too much confidence can be seen as being too cocky, and many people will not like that and may try to avoid you.
To learn more about Andy’s programs see:
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014