Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Well Being and Peak Human Performance.
One thing a business keynote speaker often stresses in their talks is just how vital sleep is to attain and maintain wellness. It’s been well documented that a nutritious diet and active lifestyle are key to health. However, health and wellness expert Andy Core says that sleep is just as, if not more so, important than exercise and eating well.
1. It improves memory. Getting a full and good night’s sleep has been shown to improve memory skills by increasing information processing and retention. You can exercise and eat well all you want, but if you’re not giving your body a chance to recharge, all of your efforts might as well be for nothing.
2. Your heart will thank you. Not sleeping between 7-9 hours per night increases risk of heart disease, accumulation of cholesterol-related diseases and can increase blood pressure. Getting the right amount of sleep is one of the biggest ways you can reduce those risks.
3. Stress levels go down. When you’re on a regular and full sleep schedule, your stress is decreased without you even doing anything else about it. Picture yourself stuck in traffic: are you more likely to snap at other drivers if you’re lethargic, or do problems roll off your shoulders more easily? Getting to work in a calmer state of mind also increases productivity.
So, make a cup of tea, grab a pillow, and settle in for a good night’s sleep. It’s one of the most important and easiest ways to improve your overall wellbeing advises a business keynote speaker.
For more information about Andy’s programs,
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014