Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing, and Peak Human Performance.
One of the best ways to relieve stress is through progressive muscle relaxation. With this technique you are meant to start at the feet and work your way up to the face. Listed below is the exact sequence of muscle groups you should aim to engage one after the other.
- Firstly get into some loose clothing, take off your shoes and just get comfortable.
- Now take some time to calm yourself down by breathing deeply and slowly
- Now once you feel calm, begin with shifting your focus to your right foot. Just focus on exactly how your right feels at that moment.
- Next slowly engage the muscles in your right foot and squeeze them as tightly as possible for around 20 seconds.
- Let go and relax your right foot now. At this moment focus on the pressure swaying away and how your right foot feels as it get rids of the pressure.
- Wait around 1 minutes and just stay in the relaxed state whilst focusing on breathing slowly and deeply.
- Now switch to your left good and carry out the same set of instruction mentioned before.
- So following the same methods, after the left foot, gradually move up through your body, engaging and relaxing the muscle groups as you go.
To learn more on Andy’s programs
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014