Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Well Being, and Peak Human Performance.
When you want productivity in the workplace, it is imperative to hire the best managers. They are the people who push the company forward. It’s important to make sure they are qualified for the job and have good credentials.
Give Them a Chance
During the interviewing process you need to make sure you give the candidate enough time to speak. This way you can assess whether they would be a good manager for your company and be instrumental in increasing productivity in the workplace. It’s advisable to have a member of your staff with you during the interview. This will give the candidate a sense of the type of people he or she will be working with. You will also have another person’s opinion on whether the interviewee is the best candidate for the job.
Preparation is Key
Make sure you are prepared for the interview. Read and review the resume well in advance, jotting down some notes and writing a few key questions. You want to be able to get as much information as you can from the interview. The questions could be along the following lines:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What makes you think you are the right person for the job?
- If you were faced with a certain dilemma, what would you do?
Hiring the best manager will increase productivity in the workplace, as they will know how to motivate your employees.
For more information about Andy’s work-life balance programs
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014