Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Well Being and Peak Human Performance.
In an era of reduced pensions and massive layoffs, business motivational speaker Andy Core gives four tips on how to restructure your lifestyle design to ensure a comfortable retirement.
1. Invest. While the specific maxims written in The Wealthy Barber may not apply anymore, the principle behind the book remains; sock away as much money as you can afford into bonds, mutual funds, and stocks to create a diverse investment portfolio.
2. Cut back on spending. Business motivational speaker Andy Core says that you don’t have to live an frugal life to build a good lifestyle design, but rather cut back in the small areas. He recommends small things, like bringing coffee and lunch from home, taking the bus instead of driving to work, and reading the newspaper online instead of buying a hard copy.
3. Picture your retirement clearly. If you have no idea what you’ll be doing when you hit 65, then you’ll also have no way of getting there. Andy advises outlining where you want to live, the kinds of activities you want to engage in, and what’s necessary now to get there.
4. Take time to enjoy today. If you only live to work, you’re cutting out a huge and fun portion of life! Remember why you’re in your job, what you like about it, and that you have the power to control where you’re going.
Following these four tips from business motivational speaker Andy Core will not only help in creating a good lifestyle design, but also keep it in place for years to come.
To learn more about Andy’s programs,
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014