Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing and Peak Human Performance.
One of the most trusted convention speakers, Andy Core, wants you to understand that saying no is okay.
Most of the time, we say “yes” to requests and invitations we receive, especially when we think that saying no may affect our relationship with the person doing the asking. Unfortunately, saying yes most of the time often leads to additional stress on our shoulders, thus leaving us disgruntled about our daily lives.
Saying no is essential, especially when you think it is necessary. You cannot just accept everything you are requested to do, as you need to set priorities. Convention speakers provide some of the incidences when you really have to say no, no matter how tempting the offer is.
- Say no when you cannot handle additional responsibilities.
- Say no when you think the task may harm you.
- Say no when what you are obliged to do is opposite to what you think is sound.
- Say no when you are certain that you will not be able to receive something good out of it.
- Say no when it may result in undue stress.
Saying no doesn’t automatically label you as selfish. Let them know your reasons why you cannot accept the task or request so that they will understand your side, and will not leave you negative feedback.
Let Andy Core, one of the most trusted convention speakers guide you to balancing your life with the power of NO. Check out his programs.
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014