Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Well Being and Peak Human Performance.
Ever look at a keynote speaker and wonder how they manage to stay so healthy? Expert speaker Andy Core shares eight tips that will help anyone to better reach their goals. And it’s not as hard as you might think. In other words, you don’t have to do extreme workouts every day or only eat lettuce. No, the habits Andy follows are just small changes that will tweak your day and make you your best self.
- Cook your own food and bring your lunch from home. Not only do you save a ton of money making your own meals, but also you get total control over the food you eat.
- Make time for exercise. Aim to get at least 30 minutes a day. It doesn’t have to be hard. It just has to be something. Take a walk. It will improve your mindset and your health. Need some motivation? Get a dog. Their energy will make you take them for a walk, or risk going insane.
- Sleep properly. Not only should you get the prescribed 7-9 hours of sleep a night, but do it at the same time each night and don’t hit the snooze button in the morning. Do this and your body will eventually feel like it has an internal alarm clock. You’ll love the way your mornings feel when this happens.
- Moderate your alcohol intake. You don’t have to give up alcohol altogether, but stay on the easy side of consumption. Too much, and it can interfere with your health and work performance. Plus, we all hate hangovers.
- Quit smoking. Lighting up is one of the worst things you can do to your body, as it costs you dearly in both your long- and short-term health. Stub out and watch how better you feel.
- Go outside. Soak in that vitamin D and feel great about your day. Spending time outdoors, even if it’s just a simple walk, will jumpstart positive brain activity and boost your happiness hormones. Simple scientific advice for a happy life.
- Do something every day that scares you. Okay, maybe not literally, but if you’re living a dull life that is stuck in a routine and refuses to take risks, you’re bored. And when you’re bored, you’re unmotivated and lacking energy. So do something different. Especially if it gets your adrenaline going.
- Enjoy Yourself. Yep. Take time every day to do something relaxing and enjoyable. The benefit your life will experience with this approach to life will significantly change your day. If everything is serious, you can hardly be happy. So find some way to bring in a bright spot to your day. Everyday.
Follow these eight small changes to improve your health and wellness and experience big results. Start slowly, build on the momentum of small successes, and be on your way to feeling good. Just remember that each habit you want to change must be consistently met with action. Big changes require small actions everyday.
For more information on Andy’s programs,
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014