Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing, and Peak Human Performance.
Listed below are a few nifty tips on how you can keep the binge eating habit at bay.
1. Add in physical activity.
Working out will help to tame stress hormones and will uplift your energy levels too. Since exercise releases the happiness inducing hormone “serotonin”, it will truly make you feel better about yourself and will improve your overall mental health. In addition, this will further help you to put an end to the emotional eating routine. Plus as an added benefit, you’ll be able to lose weight as well.
2. Quit restrictive dieting.
Depriving yourself from certain foods and restricting your calories will only worsen the situation and your urges to overeat will only spiral out of control. So instead of dieting hard and only eating healthy foods, enjoy your favorite foods in moderation, as long as you can handle your portions. Aim to eat until you are well-satisfied and not stuffed.
3. Find better ways to fight boredom.
For most bingers, binging tends to be the replacement therapy for boredom. Boredom certainly can act propel you to munch on everything in sight. So to overcome this custom, find better ways to deal with boredom, such as going out with friends, shopping, watching a movie, talking to a friend on the phone etc.
To learn more on Andy’s programs
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014