Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing and Peak Human Performance.
Fear is one of the strongest human emotions; the body is programmed to preserve itself with the “Fight or Flight” reflex.
Experiencing apprehension is terrible; however, you can conquer your fears in 5 simple steps.
- Knowledge is power, so research all that you can about your fear, in order that when you encounter it, you will be well prepared.
- Don’t be embarrassed to talk to other people about your fears. Most times, you will be presented with solutions or stories about how they encountered subjects of similar nature, as well as to give some degree of support.
- Many times we get in our own way when it comes to facing and mastering our fears. That is however the best thing to do, so keep constantly telling yourself that you are in charge and you’re in control.
- Keep a calm spirit. This is by far the most important thing. Whatever you’re doing, keep your mind relaxed so that when your fears surface, you will be calm enough to take control.
- Lastly; face your terror. You can practice and train yourself as much as you want but you must face your fears. So when you feel ready, go out and look for your greatest fear and face it!
To learn more on Andy’s programs
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014