Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Well Being, and Peak Human Performance.
To increase productivity in the workplace, as an employee it is vital to eat well. Food is imperative because it can give you the energy and the creativity you need to excel at work.
- Try to eat wholegrain foods. These consist of whole wheat, rice, oats and other grains. One way you can do this is by substituting brown rice for white rice. You can also snack on popcorn, but without the added salt and especially not the butter.
- You need to eat more vegetables. Vegetables have vitamins and minerals and are low in calories, making them good for you. You can cook them on the stove or simply cook them in the microwave. There are many delicious recipes out there to experiment with. You can color your plate with vegetables such as carrots, cherry tomatoes and acorn squash.
- To reduce the chances of getting chronic diseases, it’s good to eat a lot of fruit. They contain many nutrients such as potassium and vitamin C. You can eat them in a variety of ways. Sometimes you can blend fruits together to make a nice juice or simply eat them whole and fresh. Have fruit during your lunch break, and keep some at your desk as a snack instead of unhealthy junk food. Eating healthy foods throughout the day helps you keep your productivity in the workplace up.
You will find yourself more productive in the workplace if you follow these few tips.
For more information about Andy’s work-life balance programs
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014