Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing, and Peak Human Performance.
In order to function properly, your body and mind needs adequate daily rest. You need to make sure that you get enough sleep by establishing decent sleep routines.
It is not always easy to get enough sleep because our work, social and family lives place such a demand on our time. You must remember that if you do not get enough sleep, your mental and physical health with suffer and that will have repercussions for all areas of your life. Talk to a leadership speaker about how to achieve balance in your life.
Sleep is an important biological function that allows your body and mind to rest and refresh and prepare for the challenges that you may face in the new day. If you get caught in a bad sleep cycle, all aspects of your life will eventually begin to deteriorate.
Some helpful tips:
- Turn off the bright lights in your home an hour before bed.
- Stop using electronic devices at least 30 minutes before you go to sleep.
- Have a routine set in place that tells your brain it’s time for sleep. Washing your face, stretching, or writing a journal entry may be things to incorporate.
- Make sure that there are no lights in your room.
- Turn on some white noise. I sleep with a box fan and it automatically tells my mind that its time to sleep.
You should try to get at least six to eight hours of sleep a night. It is impossible to get a perfect night’s sleep every night but you should try to get decent sleep as often as possible. If you are getting enough sleep you will have plenty of physical energy and your mind will always be sharp; that can only benefit you in your home and work life. A leadership speaker can help you reach the peace of mind that is a necessity for decent sleep.
To learn more on Andy’s programs.