Andy Core is an expert in Work-Life Balance, Wellbeing, and Peak Human Performance.
Doctors do mention that abrupt emotional stress can be a trigger for serious health problems that people might be unaware of. A few of these severe conditions are mentioned below.
- Excessive stress can lead to Diabetes. Stress has shown to exacerbate diabetes. Firstly, it raises the chances of bad habits for example smoking, unhealthy eating and unnecessary drinking. Secondly, stress can increase the glucose levels in individuals who are currently with type 2 diabetes.
- It can cause gastrointestinal problems. While stress might not cause ulcers, it does tend to make them worse. Moreover, stress is also a common reason behind miscellaneous other gastrointestinal illnesses, for instance chronic heartburn (GERD) and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- It can be responsible for the Alzheimer’s disease. A recent study indicated that stress can deteriorate Alzheimer’s disease by causing the brain lacerations to develop more rapidly. Some researchers think that by decreasing stress it is plausible to decrease further development of the disease.
- It is known to speedup aging. Researchers found that stress can surely influence how you age. Stress has shown to accelerate aging and can put on additional premature aging of 10 to 20. Furthermore, stress seems to affect the aging process in women more than men.
To learn more on Andy’s programs
Latest posts by Andy Core (see all)
- Achieving Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - February 28, 2014
- How to: Fight Food Cravings without Going Crazy - February 21, 2014
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance for Increased Workplace Productivity - January 23, 2014